British Columbia, Canada ● Virtual Req #152
Join Our Team
Location: British Columbia (Preference to applicants located in or around the communities that we serve: Powell River, Courtenay, Cumberland, Bowser, Union Bay, Hornby Island, Texada Island, Bowen Island).
Be one of the many First Credit Union team members who say, “I love my job” - this resonates in our 5-star rating on Glassdoor and our standing as one of B.C.’s Top Employers. First Credit Union is a financial co-operative with branches in eight communities across the south coast of B.C., focused on the financial, social, and environmental well-being of our members and the communities we serve.
Reporting to the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, the Human Resources Coordinator will play a key role on the People and Culture Team with a focus on recruiting and onboarding. This position is responsible for a variety of recruitment tasks, helping to ensure the recruitment lifecycle is completed in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain regular and concise communication with Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist and Hiring Managers to facilitate applicant screening, selection and hiring process.
- Organize job postings, review applications, and screen applicants.
- Coordinate, schedule, and conduct candidate interviews.
- Complete necessary background and reference checks for candidates.
- Ensure HRIS system, recruiting hub, offer letters, job descriptions, and employee files are kept current.
- Assist with talent mapping, workforce planning, and pipeline development of employees.
- Coordinate onboarding and new hire orientation to build strong foundation for new employees, act as a primary contact and support for new employees.
- Process paperwork for new employees and submit employee information into the HRIS system for the organization.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Collaborate with People & Culture Team to develop, manage, and implement organizational DEI strategy, and contribute to elevating diversity and inclusion programs within the organization.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Secondary School Diploma
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve, with strong organization skills and emphasis on time management, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a service-oriented focus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, perform under pressure, and demonstrate a high-degree of initiative, resourcefulness, and flexibility.
- Experience with recruiting platform on Dayforce HRIS considered an asset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively manage and mediate conflict situations with discretion, patience, and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to effectively work independently and from remote locations.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree or post-secondary diploma in a related discipline.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in HR functions, including recruiting and interviewing.
Why work for us?
- Take advantage of opportunities for career development including continuous training, education support and career planning.
- Embrace our commitment to employee wellness including a commitment to mental health and comprehensive employee and family assistance program.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package including a generous benefits program.
- Be part of a company that is dedicated to making meaningful community impact.
First Credit Union is a community owned financial institution. When your customers are your shareholders, it changes the way you run your business. We don’t ever have to choose between what’s best for our business, what’s best for our community, or what’s best for our members; they are one and the same. This is the cooperative advantage.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $51,200.00-$64,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have experience with Ceridian Dayforce HRIS?
- Recruiting and Interviewing: 1 year (preferred)
- Human resources: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-03-10
Expected start date: 2023-03-27