We require an administrative assistant to assist our Lawyers and Staff at HSJ with a number of admin tasks including:
- Answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, forwarding e-mails, and supporting visitors.
- Carrying out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Maintenance of our internal file database.
- Maintain cleanliness of meeting rooms.
- Exhibit polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Support co-workers by performing tasks related to the organization with strong communication.
- Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements. (i.e., calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories)
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Deliver/Pickup documents from downtown businesses.
- Perform all other duties assigned by a Supervising Lawyer or Office Administrator.
This is an entry-level, full-time, permanent position, with an opportunity to grow into other roles at the firm. Salary and benefits are competitive for the work required. The position is for a Monday-Friday regular office hours schedule.
Please direct resumes through Indeed.ca -- we will accept drop-off resumes, but cannot meet applicants prior to shortlisting. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted directly.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-03-24