Please note - this position is for a 12-month maternity leave cover.
We are looking for a friendly, positive, and empathetic individual with a passion for putting people first to join our team as a People & Culture Coordinator. You will join our People & Culture team that combines hard work and fun as a way of being and working. Our ideal candidate will communicate with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same. They will also put significant importance on fostering connections by putting our people first and building trusting relationships. The People & Culture Coordinator will support the business in all areas of human resources. They will report to the People & Culture Manager, provide support and guidance to managers, team leaders, and frontline staff on all people and culture related matters.
What We Do:
We provide the design and construction community with inspiring architectural products for thoughtful spaces.
What You Will Do:
- Recruiting: create job descriptions, headhunt, phone screen, interviews, reference checks, offer
- Management and coordination of the full cycle recruitment process including sourcing, interviewing and performing reference checks, shortlisting, writing and issuing employment contracts etc.
- Manage onboarding and offboarding process
- Coordinate and schedule employee orientations
- Update and maintain the HRIS system
- Meet with hiring managers to discuss hiring needs
- Lead the Culture committee, coordinate and plan company events
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Provide assistance to employees eg. Employment letters, safety boot vouchers, vacation, benefit inquiries, immigration advice etc.
- Manage and track employee referral program
- Manage, monitor, and reconcile Granted submissions
- Weekly office hours/walk the plant
- Organizational announcements, Company newsletter, Employee recognition High Five Friday
- Birthday cards, probation cards, awards etc.
- Exit interviews, offboarding
- Console and listen to upset employee’s, help them problem solve, conflict management, etc.
- Responding to online company reviews
Who You Are:
- Minimum 2 years of People & Culture experience in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Degree or certificate in Human Resources or relevant practical experience
- Strong administrative skills
- Proficient in Google Workspace and Microsoft Suite
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment settings
- Experience with supporting employees residing in the United States would be ideal
- Experience with HRIS systems and specifically Ceridian Dayforce will be considered an asset
- Communication Expert: Posses the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences and the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will easily understand.
- Confident in Written Expression: Able to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Instructor: Comfortable with teaching others how to do something.
- Learning Strategist: Experience in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Problem Sensitive: Easily able to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Not always solving the problem but recognizing there is a problem.
- Original: Able to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
Previous experience is required, but we are open to individuals with previous transferable skills such as: human resources, hr generalist, human resources generalist, people operations, talent acquisition specialist, talent acquisition partner, hr assistant, human resources coordinator, people & culture specialist. human resources advisor, human resources specialist.