We are seeking a casual Occupational Health Nurse to join our Occupational Health and Hygiene Team located at our Joffre site in Central Alberta, near Red Deer. Reporting to the Occupational Health and Hygiene Coordinator, this position will apply nursing practices and principles in an ethical manner to contribute to the health of workers in all occupations through health promotion; health protection; treatment of injury/illness, and management of disability. This is done through policies, programs, and initiatives.
Duration: 12 months
- Provide a broad application of Occupational Health practice in accordance with company Responsible Care standards and all applicable regulations including, OSHA, WCB, and Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
- Manage and treat workplace injury and illness including WCB reporting, and development of modified work plans as appropriate in collaboration with the business.
- Conduct fitness to work on employees as needed and pre-placement fitness to work assessments.
- Implement site programs, procedures and initiatives for prevention, recognition and treatment of illness and injury.
- Provide technical support to site emergency response planning including hands on medical emergency response, crisis management.
- Establish and maintain confidential employee health records.
- Facilitate disability case management by coordinating health care and early intervention to promote the safe and timely return to work of ill or injured employees.
- Available for shiftwork (nights and weekends)
- Nursing diploma and/or BScN degree with 8+ years related practical experience (including medical emergency response) and holds a current CRNA license
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) would be an asset
- Previous experience working in an Occupational Health setting/ environment is an asset
- Current CPR/AED certification and Advanced ITLS or Advanced First Aid certification
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be strong team player
- Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Office, Cority, SharePoint)
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Job Types: Fixed term contract, Casual
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $40.00-$50.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lacombe County, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have more than one year working as an Occupational Health Nurse?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- practical nursing: 6 years (required)
- CRNA license (required)
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) (preferred)
- CPR/AED certification & ITLS or First Aid certification (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Work Location: In person