- JOB POSTING -
Position Title People and Culture Manager
Reports To General Manager
Location Head Office
Schedule 32 to 40 hours/week (Whistler)
Terms Part or Full Time Opportunity
Bella Coola Heli Sports operates in the glaciated wilderness of BC’s central coast. We provide world-class skiing in the winter, and connect our guests with incredible wilderness adventures in the summer. We operate from five remote properties, three of which are in the Tatla Lake region of the Chilcotin’s and two which are in the Bella Coola valley. We boast the largest heli-skiing tenure of any operator in the world and our Himalayan like mountains draw outdoor enthusiasts from around the world.
Our enthusiastic team works hard to play hard, and is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through the highest standards of hospitality… all with some fun and personality!
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader to help elevate and craft the human resource aspect of the company. The People & Culture Manager is responsible for driving the company culture while supporting employees. The People & Culture Manager must also provide sound administrative support as it relates to employee experience, onboarding, hiring and training. They will be responsible for administering payroll with the assistance of other managers. Furthermore, they will work alongside managers and employees in being thoughtful, intentional and innovative in their support. The People and Culture Manager is an expert in delivering frontline counsel and guidance in all areas - they deal with various queries and resolve issues autonomously, inclusive of all People & Culture matters.
Qualifications A Must
● 3+ years of experience in the industry, ideally with some management experience.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc), and capable of easily learning new software systems.
● Thrives in a highly people facing position, and able to form lasting relationships with employees
● Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills
● Must have exceptionally strong organizational skills – both administratively and spatially (attention to detail)
● Be self-motivated, driven and hold high personal standards for performance
● Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
● Experience with payroll systems (Dayforce)
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or alternative field with applicable education (Business Administration,etc)
● Experience in the heli-skiing or remote lodge industry
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Human resources: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-11-01